About a month and a half ago, I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Ms. Laina Eartharcher from:
Thank you, Laina. Your courage and strength still inspire me on a daily basis. Your recognition and acknowledgment are both deeply appreciated by me.
Be sure to check out Laina’s blog, folks. She’s classy, friendly, super intelligent, understanding, and just all around exquisite.
Forgive my bias, cronies, but she’s one of my 400 favorites (no jealousy, please! heh!). ❤︎
My Brief Blog Story
Why do any of us do this, right?
Well, because we like to use our words. We wield them willy nilly at our leisure, and often when there is just no other way of expressing ourselves. I am no different in this regard. And, probably just like you, I find myself constantly in awe of many, many writers out there whose gifts I’ve indulged shamelessly for almost a year now.
This blog started out as a random online diary. I had no idea what I was doing (still don’t!). It’s turned into a habit I’ve come to really miss during those days and weeks when I just don’t have the time to log in. Retirement is oh, 20 years from now (give or take!), so, maybe then I’ll find the time to write regularly? :o) A girl can dream, I suppose.
This blog is everything I’ve hoped it would be for myself and so much more. My only wish is that your blog is the same to you. ❤︎
Two Pieces of Advice For New Bloggers
1. Be human. Remember, your audience is filled with people, not technology, not Siri, not an operating system. Find that touch of humanity in your writing, no matter what your blog is about. People still read. People are still hungry for complete sentences and thoughts they can understand, relate to, connect with, and learn from. Keep that in mind when you write. People have emotions. Keep them (and yours!) in mind when you blog.
2. Have fun with it! Don’t take it too seriously. And don’t fall prey to “blog envy.” It’s not attractive and it doesn’t serve you in any way. The one thing I’ve found myself both fascinated by as well as repulsed by is “stats” jealousy. I’ve heard different things like: “Why does he get so many likes? He writes like shit.” Or “I know I can write better than her, why does she have so many followers?” BLEH! SO CRINGEWORTHY! Never tear another blogger down. If you are doing this, then please refocus yourself immediately. Your blog is your business…just like their blogs are their business. Just have fun and concentrate on your own blog and you cannot go wrong! :o)
Thanks again, Laina, both for your amazing insight into the “spectrum”, as well as your patience and understanding for the delay in my acceptance. 💖
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how you blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.